I’ll admit to being a bit flustered by today’s DAILY PROMPT. We’re a busy family. We love to go places and do things, so how could I narrow it down to a single ACTIVITY and choose only one photo?
I’ve pulled up dozens of pictures with activities ranging from gathering around for storytelling to putting up birdhouses. We made scarecrows last fall, and crafted snakes from buttons to celebrate Chinese New Year earlier this year. How to choose? It was making me a bit crazy.
Finally, I settled on a picture I took at “Dinosaur Day”. This was an outing we made to a nature conservation area near Liberty, Missouri, for a special exhibit on dinosaurs. It was great fun because unlike many museum exhibits, this one encouraged a very “hands on” approach in many areas. Some things, of course, like the “dino poop” — yes, we really saw dinosaur poop — were not to be touched. As though anyone would really want to touch dinosuar poop, right? And the huge snakes were safely in cages where they couldn’t be touched.
But there were many fun things for kids to pick up, investigate, play with and have a great time learning about. I took dozens of photographs, put together a video presentation, and we cherish our memories of “Dinosaur Day”.
Here’s the picture I chose to share:
P.S. If POOP ever comes up as a DAILY PROMPT, I’m ready!
- Island Dreaming: Meditation | Musings from a practical mystic
- An eclectic mix of decorative lamps | weliveinaflat
- Daily Prompt: Activity | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- The Secret Door Remains | Daily Prompt: On the Edge | likereadingontrains
- The End of Edginess | The Reluctant Journalist
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Activity | A mom’s blog
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Even Keel? What’s that? Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge « Mama Bear Musings
- On an even keel | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt:On Edge | Motherhood and Beyond