To say that I’m excited would be an understatement. I’m thrilled to receive my first blogging award: The Liebster. I was nominated by “The Honorable Keithy” from down under in Australia, and yes, Keithy, we spell “honorable” differently up here in this hemisphere.
Keithy, you have truly honored me by visiting my blog, walking alongside me as I stroll through nature, capturing moments of beauty.
When nominating me, she explained that the Liebster — German for “favorite” — is an award given to small blogs, those with less than 200 followers. It’s designed to encourage interaction and to promote discovery of new blogs.
One of the first things I’ve learned since I began blogging here recently is that there’s a wonderful, supportive community of bloggers, and I’m grateful to be a part of it.
To accept my Liebster Award, I must do several things:
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
- Answer ten questions given to me by Keithy.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
So… to begin. As shown above, my nominator is Keithy, whose real name is “J”, and she’s blogging at The Common Map. Please visit her blog and see what she’s up to now.
She’s given me ten questions.
1) If you were a superhero, what type would you be?
Whatever I’d be, I would have the power of invisibility. I think I’d probably be more “supernatural” than “super”…maybe a fairy who skipped through the meadow bringing love to the lonely and peace to the world.
2) What do you do in your downtime? Apart from blogging?
I read. I write. I cook. I walk. I take photographs. I do artwork. Mostly, I learn. I’m always studying something. Lately I’ve been brushing up on my Russian.
3) What would you tell your 10-year-old self?
Don’t ever lose sight of your dreams. Work to make them real. Find out what you need to know, and get busy learning it. Above all, do things. Take chances. Fall down. Get up.
4) What’s the one thing you find difficult about blogging? What motivates you to keep going despite that?
I’m a perfectionist, and I like order. I have problems composing posts at times because even the “visual” editor doesn’t always accurately show how my finished post will appear. Plus, no matter how carefully I proofread, errors slip by me. I’m always editing and re-editing my posts, trying to correct every boo-boo. Of course, I keep going because I love learning, and I love sharing what I’ve learned with others.
5) What is your pet peeve?
Which one? I have several. I suppose what irks me most are people who are always late. If we have an appointment for lunch at 11:30, I expect you to be there at 11:30 or thereabouts, not 12:15 or later. Of course, it’s not really all that much of a problem. If you’re late once, fine. Twice? You’d better have a good reason. Three times? That’s our last luncheon appointment. I have better things to do than stand around waiting for habitually late people. If our lunch together isn’t important enough for you to show up on time, then I probably don’t want to have lunch with you anyway.
6) What’s the one thing you are missing in your life?
My little sister. She passed away several years ago. I wish so often she could be here to share things in my life. I miss talking to her. I miss hearing her laugh. I miss her offbeat outlook on life.
7) What’s your worst habit?
Getting sidetracked. I’ll start off with good intentions of doing one thing, but I’ll veer off-course onto something else, and from there, I’ll head off on another tangent, and what was the question again?
8) If you were a color, what would you be and why?
I’d be blue. Not bright, but light and pastel. It’s a restful, soothing color, the color of lakes and rivers, the color of the sky. It’s also a symbol of peace.
9) What is one thing you can do better than anyone else in the world?
10) What would be the soundtrack to your life?
I’ve actually chosen several. I’m very fond of Connie Elisor’s Blackberry Winter, or anything by Maurice Ravel. Well, anything except Bolero. I love music, so it’s impossible for me to name only one composition to cover my life.
Next, I’ll nominate ten other bloggers. My choices are:
Here are the ten questions I’ll be giving them:
- What book has most influenced you in your life?
- If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- Where would you most like to travel?
- Does your car have a name? If so, what is it?
- Favorite pet?
- What five words would your friends use to describe you?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What was the last show you watched on television?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
Thanks so much for thinking of me, Honorable Keithy. I’m off now to deliver glad tidings to ten bloggers.
- The Liebster Award (sowhymorocco.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination (thecommonmap.com)
- So grateful – ANOTHER Liebster Award!! (crazynypostgradlife.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (baseballbeersandrandomthings.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award! (colourmyworldbeautiful.com)
- The Liebster Award (unchainedmotherhood.wordpress.com)
- I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award! (llewsoba.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (josanneblog.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination (thefrugalouslife.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination – Double Delight! (dailyfoodstruggle.com)